Monday 21 June 2010

Kentish plover / Gravelot à collier interrompu


When I arrived at "Pointe du Conguel" I decided to change my lens and opt for a smaller one , a 70-300mm one, to try and find butterlies to photograph. When I walked above the sandy beach, I saw some movement in the sea-wrack and recognized some turnstones but I also saw something which made me regret to have changed my lens: two Kentish plovers ,almost invisible against the light-coloured sand.I walked down to the beach and decided to try and capture them all the same. They did not stay there long because there were quite a lot of people walking about on and above the beach.

Lorsque je suis arrivée à la pointe du Conguel, j'ai décidé de changer d'objectif et de choisir un plus petit , un 70-300 mm , pour essayer de photographier des papillons. En marchant au-dessus de la plage de sable, j'ai remarqué du mouvement dans le goëmon et j'ai reconnu des tournepierres à collier mais j'ai également vu quelque chose qui m'a fait regretter d'avoir changé mon objectif: deux gravelots à collier interrompu, presque invisibles sur le sable clair. Je suis descendue sur la plage et ai décidé d'essayer de les photographier quand même. Ils ne sont pas restés là longtemps car il y avait beaucoup de promeneurs sur et au-dessus de la plage.

No comments:

Post a Comment