Friday 18 February 2011

MORNING WALK / Promenade matinale/ 17-02-2011


Yesterday , I went for a walk on the common near the harbour in Vannes, with a 200-500mm lens fitted on my camera, hoping to capture a few birds.. It was nice and sunny and the birds were quite active. I saw a flock of long-tailed tits,blue tits , great tits, chaffinches and greenfinches in the same tree, a wren,a treecreeper going up the trunk of a pine-tree. I also saw a little egret, a little grebe and some Brent geese.But the highlight of this walk was seeing a lemony-yellow butterfly flying about all over the place, my first butterfly this year.When it landed on dead leaves near me I took a few shots of it even though I didn't have the proper lens for it.The photo is not perfect but I am pleased to have seen this butterfly,a brimstone ,(Gonepteryx rhamni) . After overwintering as an adult, it starts flying in February-March.


Hier je suis allée me promener à la pointe des émigrés près du port à Vannes, avec un objectif 200-500mm sur mon appareil-photo, dans l'espoir de prendre quelques oiseaux.Il faisait un beau soleil et les oiseaux étaient très actifs. J'ai vu une troupe de mésanges à longue queue, des mésanges bleues et charbonnières,des pinsons et des verdiers dans le même arbre , un troglodyte, un grimpereau qui grimpait tout en haut du tronc d'un pin. J'ai également vu une aigrette garzette, un grèbe castagneux et des bernaches cravant. Mais le grand moment de cette promenade a été quand j'ai vu un papillon jaune citron qui volait partout, mon premier papillon de l'année. Quand il s'est posé sur des feuilles mortes près de moi , j'ai pris quelques clichés ,bien que n'ayant pas l'objectif qui convenait pour le prendre.La photo n'est pas parfaite mais je suis contente d'avoir vu ce papillon, un citron (Gonepteryx rhamni) .Après avoir hiberné,l'adulte reprend son vol en février-mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment