Wednesday 16 February 2011

AUTUMN PICTURES / Images d'automne / October 2010


I don't know anything about fungi. I took these photos because I liked their shape, colour or texture. Then, I tried to identify them by reading guide-books, a hopeless task. Photos aren't just enough to go by to identify a fungus. I don't know what this one is . I only know it does not belong to the same species as the one in the next picture, even though I found them within feet of each other in a grassy field ,planted with a few trees , situated between a small stream and a wood( deciduous trees).

Je ne connais rien aux champignons. J'ai pris ces photos parce que j'ai bien aimé leur forme, leur couleur ou leur texture. Puis ,j'ai essayé de les identifier en lisant des guides, chose impossible. Les photos ne suffisent tout simplement pas pour identifier un champignon. Je ne sais pas ce qu'est celui-ci. Je sais seulement qu'il n'appartient pas à la même espèce que celui de l'image suivante, même si je les ai trouvés à quelques pas l'un de l'autre dans un pré planté de quelques arbres ,situé entre un ruisseau et un bois de feuillus.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you can find someone on the internet that can identify this fungi for you, much easier than using a book. Look for a fungi society or something similar. Excellent pictures though and interesting notes too.

    ReplyDelete