Wednesday 6 October 2010

Great Spotted Woodpecker / Pic épeiche / Vannes September 14th


That morning , I just wanted to exercise my legs and I decided not to take my long 200-500mm lens, too heavy on my arthritic neck . I went for a walk near the harbour with my NikonD50 fitted with a 70-300mm lens.In the small pine-wood , I heard a lot of noise and saw three great spotted woodpeckers squabbling and flying about from trunk to trunk. As I tried to capture them, I already missed my 200-500mm lens.Even more so later on when I watched two red squirrels chasing each other up a tree-trunk and two jays peering at me from under a bush on the other side of a fence.

Ce matin-là, je voulais simplement faire un peu d'exercice et ne pas m'encombrer de mon objectif 200-500mm ,trop lourd pour mon cou arthritique. Je suis allée me promener près du port avec mon Nikon D50 et un objectif 70-300mm. Dans le petit bois de pins, j'ai entendu beaucoup de bruit et j'ai vu trois pics épeiches qui se chamaillaient en volant d'un tronc à l'autre.Alors que j'essayais de les prendre, je regrettais déjà mon objectif 200-300mm. Ce fut encore plus le cas plus tard quand j'ai remarqué deux écureuils roux qui se poursuivaient le long d'un tronc d'arbre et deux geais qui m'épiaient de dessous un buisson de l'autre côté d'une clôture.

No comments:

Post a Comment