Wednesday 6 October 2010

Cirl bunting / Bruant zizi /Conguel


After a day spent birding on the Quiberon peninsula, I was ready to go home. Just as I was driving off, I noticed this cirl bunting on a little bank near the car. I took quite a few shots from the car window . Even though I was clicking away like mad at close quarters , the bird did not seem to notice me. I was waiting for it to perch nicely on a piece of interesting rock but it would rummage the ground in dry grass and dust, a really scruffy setting.

Après une journée passée à observer des oiseaux sur la presqu'ile de Quiberon,j'avais envie de rentrer chez moi. Juste comme je démarrais, j'ai remarqué ce bruant zizi sur un petit talus près de ma voiture. J'ai pris pas mal de clichés par la fenêtre de la voiture. Alors que je le mitraillais d'assez près , l'oiseau n'a pas semblé remarquer ma présence. J'attendais de le voir se percher dans une jolie pose sur un rocher intéressant mais il fouillait le sol dans l'herbe sèche et la poussière, un cadre vraiment pas joli.

No comments:

Post a Comment