Wednesday 6 October 2010

Bar-tailed godwit / Barge rousse / September 17th


This photo was taken a bit further away as I was standing on a height above the beach. The godwits were wading in shallow water instead of foraging in the sand higher up the beach. I had first discarded this photo but when I looked at it again , I saw the birds'tails very plainly and they said "bar-tailed" and not" black-tailed" godwits.

Cette photo a été prise un peu plus loin alors que je me trouvais sur une hauteur au-dessus de la plage. Les barges pataugeaient dans l'eau peu profonde au lieu de fouiller le sable un peu plus haut sur la plage.J'avais d'abord écarté cette photo mais lorsque je l'ai à nouveau examinée , j'ai vu nettement les queues des oiseaux et à l'évidence, il s'agissait de barges rousses et non pas de barges à queue noire.

No comments:

Post a Comment