Wednesday 6 April 2011

QUIBERON / 26 mars


When I first stopped at Portivy, there was a thick fog all over the headland and it was strange walking about ,hearing some skin-divers swimming at the foot of the cliff quite clearly even though I found it very difficult to see them . I took pictures of stonechats as they were perched on twigs above large gorse-bushes in flower. In my first shots, the yellow flowers in the background are barely visible, just a hint of yellow.The fog cleared up very slowly.Later, as I was driving along the coastal road , I saw a hoopooe pecking at the ground behind some gorse-bushes,tried to take a photo through the open window , but the bird must have heard the whirring noise of my camera trying to focus in the mist and flew off straight away. I missed my shot. I had decided to spend the day at Quiberon to see wheatears. I saw one later in the day.


Lorsque je me suis arrêtée à Portivy , un épais brouillard recouvrait toute la pointe etquand je me suis promenée, cela faisait bizarre d'entendre clairement des plongeurs nageant en bas de la falaise alors que j'avais du mal à les voir.J'ai pris des photos de tariers pâtres perchés sur des tiges au-dessus d'épais buissons d'ajonc en fleurs. Dans mes premiers clichés, les fleurs jaunes de l'arrière -plan sont à peine visibles, juste une ombre de jaune.Le brouillard s'est dissipé très lentement. Plus tard ,alors que je roulais le long de la route côtière,j'ai vu une huppe fasciée qui picorait près de buissons d'ajonc.J'ai essayé de prendre une photo avec la vitre baissée, mais l'oiseau a dû entendre le bruit de mon appareil qui essayait de faire la mise au point dans la brume et il s'est envolé tout de suite.J'ai raté ma photo. J'avais décidé de passer la journée à Quiberon pour voir des traquets motteux. J'en ai vu un plus tard dans la journée.

No comments:

Post a Comment